- Air Separation
- Natural Gas
- Gas Products
- Petrochemical plants
- Adsorption and membrane plants
- Cryogenic Plants
- CO₂ plants
- Refining Technologies
- Furnaces, fired heaters and incinerators
Selas Linde North America is internationally recognized for its innovative and comprehensive vaporizer systems. Our Sub-X® LNG submerged combustion vaporizers (SCVs) have been at the forefront of the LNG vaporization industry. SLNA designed and supplied the very first submerged combustion system at a peak shaving regasification terminal in Alabama in 1965. Currently, with our sister company, Selas-Linde (Europe), we have over 420 LNG vaporizers installed worldwide over the past 50+ years. Nearly all of these robust units are still in operation.
Presently, eight of the twelve base load import terminals in North America employ submerged combustion LNG vaporizers (Sub-X® SCVs). These terminals operate both multi burner and single burner units, typically rated at 100 to 186 MM SCFD (90 to 175 tons/hr) LNG vaporization. They are designed to operate 24/7 year round at nearly 100% thermal efficiency.
LNG peak shaving facilities, on the other hand, operate intermittently, supplying natural gas pipelines during periods of peak need as required. Nearly half of the more than 80 peak shaving facilities employ Sub-X® SCVs, ranging in size from 10 to 100 MM SCFD operating at 93% efficiency.
Some of the many advantages of our Submerged Combustion Vaporizers that set us apart from competing technologies for 50 years and counting:
- Operational (Rapid startup and shutdown without process upsets; Superior turndown)
- High thermal efficiency (93%-100%; High heat flux with low approach temperature)
- Temperature uniformity (Proprietary weir, sparger, and tube bundle designs provide high turbulence/recirculation resulting in temperature uniformity; No ice buildup on tubes)
- Safety (No flame impingement on LNG coils; Heat exchange medium is water, eliminating the hazards and handling of ethylene glycol or other fluids)
- Economy & Plot space (High turndown capability; Pre-piped and pre-wired stainless steel tank configurations available; Compact footprint)