Natural Gas Liquids (NGL)
With the evolving shale gas market, the demand to build gas processing plants faster, without affecting quality and high performance, continues to develop. Many engineering companies have developed standard designs for core cryogenic equipment. Linde is the only company that has developed completely pre-engineered, modularized standard natural gas liquids (NGL) recovery plants covering the wide range of gas processing conditions required for shale gas.
Linde has designed and produced modular assemblies for gas processing plants worldwide for over forty years. Our engineering and fabrication/modularization facility capabilities, coupled with our construction and field services deliver turnkey solutions for greater efficiencies to our customers.
The realized cost and time savings when constructing a complete, modularized standard NGL recovery plant can be as much as 4-6 months when compared to only using the core standard cryogenic equipment and custom engineering all other components such as balance of plant equipment and utilities. The STANDARD product line was developed to meet demand without compromising quality, safety, and reliability. In-house design of the plate-fin heat exchanger (PFHE) utilizes hazardous analysis and detailed thermo/hydraulic analysis which minimizes risk for future thermal stress failures and improved PFHE total life cycle.
Linde Engineering North America provides two STANDARD NGL plant technologies:
- STANDARD-PLUS™, based on cryogenic recovery utilizing a turbo-expander to recover energy while cooling low to high pressure gas streams.
- STANDARD-GSP, based on the industry standard gas subcooled process
Benefits of STANDARD-GSP:
- The STANDARD-GSP integrated chiller provides high operating flexibility, which also results in reduced refrigeration horsepower requirements.
- Can be turned down to 50% capacity depending on your business needs
STANDARD-PLUS™ is based on CRYO-PLUS™ technology, which is a cryogenic recovery technology that utilizes a turbo-expander to recover energy while cooling the low to high pressure gas streams.
Benefits of STANDARD-PLUS™:
- Higher recovery than other technologies with less energy. Designed to be used in natural gas or shale gas applications, the patented CRYO-PLUS™ process recovers more ethane and heavier components with less energy required than traditional liquid recovery processes.
- Higher flexibility. Enhanced CRYO-PLUS™ is more robust and flexible over a wide range of pressure and feed gas compositions. This feature is especially important for treatment of rich shale gas, which is known for having large compositional variability over time.
The STANDARD product line includes:
- Inlet receiving and stabilization
- Amine treating and acid gas flare
- Dehydration and cryogenic plant
- Residue gas compression
- NGL product pumps
- Balance of plant utilities
- NGL fractionation train