- Air Separation
- Natural Gas
- Gas Products
- Petrochemical plants
- Cryogenic Plants
- Refining Technologies
- Furnaces, fired heaters and incinerators
Linde Engineering’s patented THERMATRIX® flameless thermal oxidizers (FTOs) are field-proven, high performance and cost-effective solutions for the destruction and removal of a wide range of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and hazardous air pollutants (HAPs). We provide a full range of FTOs to handle flows from 1 to 100,000 scfm (1 - 160,700 Nm³/hr). Our portfolio ranges from stand-alone emissions control devices to large-scale process treatment systems and process-integrated, turnkey pollution control systems.
FTO technology is an attractive alternative to flaring systems.
Among many other applications, FTOs are well-suited for purge vent VOC abatement in polyethylene, polypropylene, vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) and ethylene dichloride (EDC) plants, with our customers exceeding regulatory compliance requirements and benefitting from emissions credits.
Our FTOs deliver a host of benefits including:
- Guaranteed greater than 99.99% destruction removal efficiency (DRE), including halogenated organics
- Ultra-low NOx (less than 2 ppm)
- No secondary organic waste stream
- Energy efficient operation (self-sustaining down to 80 Btu/cf in fume)
- Approved for classified areas for flexible positioning directly at the source of emissions
- Stable operation when responding to variable organic loading
- Completely inert matrix with no catalysts to foul or regenerate
- Superior turndown capability that better addresses minimum base load conditions and reduces operating costs
- The potential for emissions credits for VOCs and NOx
FTOs provide emission solutions for the following industries:
- Plastics and Olefins
- Plant producers and users
- Textile manufacturing and printing